Instead of having a list of current happenings every so often (read: when I remember), I decided to get visual and describe my month in pictures. Try it! No, really, try it.
1. Yes, that’s a box of tissues. I was completely laid out in the beginning of the month with a nasty head cold. For the first time in history (my history, anyway), my cold did not move to my chest. It was a miracle, but it still had me knocked down on the couch for a few days. No fun.
2. This speaks for itself. Plus how adorable is that kitten???
3. I have been so into olive clothing since I realized last month that the color olive looks amazing on me. Thanks to some amazing finds at Goodwill and Nordstrom Rack, I’ve now got a few olive dresses and olive tights. I’m hoping to add a cardigan to my mix, or perhaps some shoes, and I’ll be set.
4. In the last few days of the month, I’ve decided to pick up pilates again. When I tried pilates in the past, I struggled. Pilates is intense. Now that I’ve been lifting weights for a year and a half, however, I figured I was up to the task. I was right. It’s only been three days, but I quite enjoy pilates now. Funny what a year and half of exercise can do (and not do).
5. Doug and I have been watching a few things this month (like Six Feet Under), but for some reason, we decided to gradually watch the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. In fact, we’re finishing up the third movie now.
6. Early in the month, I stumbled across Goldfrapp, a fantastic electronica trip-hop band. Amazingly, this band is made up of two members and is entirely played via synthesizer. Wondering what they sound like? Check out my Music Monday post featuring Goldfrapp.
7. I finally gave up my Victoria’s Secret PINK nalgene and get a new one without BPA since I finally found out exactly what BPA does (increases estrogen production). Plus they were on sale.
8. You should know that I love me some dessert. I found this recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt Cups and knew I had to try it (my favorite cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory is the Lemon Raspberry). They are phenomenal. I used raspberries instead of blackberries, but they don’t even need them – they’re good on their own. And they’re only 3 points! What?
9. Oh, hey, I joined Weight Watchers. One full week on it and so far so good! I go to my first meeting tomorrow and get weighed in, so we’ll see where things go from there.
What stands out for you in January?